The Jersey Shore attracts hundreds of thousands of out-of-towners to its beaches, boardwalks and Casinos each summer. Along with the influx of people comes increased traffic and the potential for accidents to occur. Not only is motor vehicle traffic more prevalent in the summer, but the number of bicyclists’ increases as well. Cars, trucks, bicyclists and pedestrians all sharing the roadway creates a hectic environment which means it is even more important to stay alert, especially as a driver.
The most common accident related injuries for bicyclists involve head and brain injuries, neck and back injuries, broken bones, and internal injuries. The effect of these accidents can be devastating and even fatal.
Did you know?
- According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, in 2015 in the United States, over 1,000 bicyclists died and there were almost 467,000 bicycle-related injuries.
For obvious reasons, the bicyclist is far more likely to sustain severe injuries when involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. What occurs immediately after these types of accidents can be critical to a potential personal injury claim. If you are involved in a bicycle accident, make sure to follow these steps:
- Call and wait for the police to arrive so a police report can be completed;
- Obtain driver and witness contact information if available. Be sure to get the name of the driver, phone number, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Document what happened. Write down the events which took place for future reference.
- Record your injuries. Be sure to seek immediate medical attention for your injuries and take photos as soon as possible.
- Preserve your evidence. Leave your bike and other damaged property in the same condition it was after the accident.
- Contact a personal injury attorney to be advised of your rights.
The lawyers at Hyberg, White & Mann are here to fight for you. We believe that injured cyclists should receive the compensation they deserve. If you have suffered from a bicycle related accident/injury, call 609-407-1000 today.
Get In touch below. Ask Any Question or Start a Free Quote
Get a Free Legal Consultation Today!
Or Call Now: (609) 407-1000
I understand and agree that submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship or agreement to provide legal services.
Want to learn more about our legal services? Consult with one of our workers' compensation or personal injury attorneys by contacting our lawyers or call (609) 407-1000 today. Our Attorneys proudly serve all of Southern New Jersey including the nearby areas of Pleasantville, Galloway, Linwood, Atlantic City, as well as, Atlantic, Cape May, Camden, Cumberland and Ocean Counties and the greater Southern New Jersey region. We look forward to working with you!
207 S. Main St. Cape May Court House, NJ 08210 (By Appointment Only)
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Weekends By Appointment Only
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Each case is unique and we encourage you to seek licensed legal advice to ensure all of your questions are answered. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice based on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the state of New Jersey.